mylife

mystyle


rommies of my life

reading

.N.O.T.E.S.

Sight Seeing
____________________________________________________


Ooooo~. I finally went Bangkok again after 4 years. That last time I went there was 2002 May with my brother. It wasn't a great experience, cos I was not allowed to eat roadside stores or restaurants. It was food court everyday. Can you imagine eating food court every meal, other than your free buffet breakfast??!!??

This time, I tried roadside stores (I hope my brother will never find this blog), restaurants and more importantly A&W. I developed phobia for thailand food court since the last time I went, so I told PQ I'll eat anywhere but food court.

This is not a pure shopping trip. Initially, PQ and I want to go overseas and rest, since we had been quite drained from working. But we ended up being tired, as we had conquered quite a number of tourist attractions. We had been too ambition. Our biggest mistake is to trust the map provided in the airport. We thought some attractions are within walking distance, but it is NOT.

Everyday, we have something to accomplish. We only accomplished those in red.

Day 1: Democracy Monument, National Arts Gallery, National Museum, Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Boat Ride, Go Chinatown to eat shark fins and bird nests and Get some Thai massage.

We noted that we had been too ambitious, and we revised our plans the next day.

Day 2: Jim Thompson House, MBK, Pratunam Market, Cabbage and Condoms

It was rather successful. Mission complete.

Day 3: Chatuchak, Buy toothpaste, Buy gums

Spend most of the day in chatuchak. We wanted to go to Anne's cafe, but we left our lonely planet in hotel, which also equates to throwing it away because we had checked out. But we managed to eat in A&W, which is one of things we must do in Thailand!

Let me bring you on a pictorial tour now.


View from our buffet breakfast place


2nd night's Hotel Room

The room from the first night is very bad. Too bad I did not take pictures for comparison. Both pq and I were very surprised by the second room.

Why do we have 2 rooms?
Initially we wanted to book the cheapest room - Superior, but it is just available for one night. The rest of the nights we have to have Deluxe rooms. Its okay with us as it is just 30 SGD more a night. During the first night, we are already very surprise. Surprise by the presence of a living room in our superior room. Second day, we are shock by the standard they provide for deluxe room. You just pay 30 bucks more and the standard just increase by thousand folds!


Squirrel on tree

ju at 10:58 PM on March 11, 2008

0 comments









0 Comments:

Post a Comment